Welcome to The Oaks Massotherapy & Botanical Spa, an intimate personal care center committed to your health and well-being. Our healing massage therapies embrace the preventative knowledge of Ayurvedic, Orienta, Native American and Western medicines.
We chose our name to honor the image of the ancient oak tree, which stands as a symbol of balance, strength and love. Together, these are the essential ingredients to restoring a healthy mind, body and spirit. Every spa service that we offer is rooted in these core values.
The Oaks Massotherapy & Botanical Spa was founded in 1984. For more than 30 years, we have been using massage as a tool to promote relaxation, release toxins from the body, and improve overall health. Massage is an ancient, medically-proven process to help the body heal itself and recover from illnesses and injuries. We recognize that every single body is unique and responds differently to massage, so we tailor every service to meet our guest’s health and wellness needs.
Healing Massage and Chronic Pain
We understand the effects that poor posture, injuries, surgeries, accidents, and even dental work can have on the body, including chronic pain syndromes. We use our healing insights to help identify and treat chronic pain and immobility problems, through massage and other techniques.
Healing Massage and Mastectomy
We have spent more than 15 years researching and developing massage techniques to help women who have undergone breast surgery, mastectomy, lumpectomy, implants, radiation, and chemotherapy. What we have discovered is that healing massage can help to restore motility and relieve chronic pain from scar tissue after surgery.
A study sanctioned by the National Institute of Health, Metro Hospital and Case Western Reserve demonstrated that massage techniques developed by Jeanne Massingill can yield outstanding results in women who have had mastectomies and other breast treatments. It is our desire to help women feel normal after their surgeries, without the constant reminder that pain and immobility can trigger. Many women that we have treated have been able to successfully resume their daily lives feeling normal and healthy again.
Healing Skin Care
Our natural and organic skin care products are made with fresh herbs, fruits and vegetables to clean and moisten the skin. Our skincare technician works with acne, rosacea, and dry skin problems to restore PH balance and moisture to the skin. The skin is the largest organ in the body, and when the body doesn’t receive enough water or the right kinds of fats, the skin is the first place the body looks to fulfill the needs of the internal organs. We approach skin care with the goal of achieving long term effects, healing the body systems, improving circulation, and stimulating the glands to moisten the skin. After all, beauty begins on the inside!
Visit The Oaks Spa Today to Begin Your Healing Journey
We are thrilled to welcome you to The Oaks Massotherapy & Botanical Spa, where our dedicated staff and a network of allopathic practitioners, physicians, chiropractors and acupuncturists cultivate a preventative and informed approach to health and well being.
The Oaks Massage Therapists Credentials:
- Kushi Institute of Macrobiotics
- Shiatsu: Bob Car & Shazuko Yamamoto Kushi Institute
- Ayurvedic Institute: Shirodhara / Understanding Ayurveda
- Licensed Ohio State Medical Board: LMT
- Vodder Institute for Lymphatic Drainage
- Upledger Institute for Craniosacral Therapy: Level 1 and 2, Pediatrics, Somatic emotional release
- Paul St. Johns Neuromuscular: Level 1, 2, 3, 4 and difficult patient seminar
- Dr. Robert Walker: Chirodontics
- Ear Candling Theory and Research: Ann Tatum
- Cupping/Negative Pressure Therapy: Kushi Institute and Michelle burns. Cross Country Education
- MSTR (Manual Scar Tissue Release): Jeanne Massingill, LMT. NIH sanctioned studies with Case Western Reserve and Metro Hospital for post Mastectomy, Lumpectomy, Implant and Breast Surgery patients.
- Thai Massage: Study Courses
- Reflexology: Kushi Institute
- Hot Stone Massage: La Stone Therapy